For us, English learner, it’s often difficult to improve our English writing level because we don’t write on a regular basis.
It’s difficult to write regularly when you don’t have the obligation to do so because , for example, of your job.
In one hand, it’s easy to improve your writing skill when you have to write in English every day.
In the other hand, when writing is not among your daily chores, I bet that you don’t write very often and when trying to write something you fight a lot because you don’t even know what to write about .
That’s the reason that you tend to “forget” to work the writing skill.
Let’s see what you have to do in order to change this situation…
Why Is So Hard To Improve Your English Writing Skill?
Many times in the past I decided that it was time for me to write in English everyday because I wanted to improve my writing skill.
The problem was that after writing for some days in a row, I always gave up because I didn’t know what to write about anymore.
One day talking to a good friend of mine, she told me that she had been writing her own diary since she was a child, for more than 12 years!!!!
Then came to me the revelation!!!
I decided to start writing my personal diary but just in English (instead of my native tongue) in order to really improve my English writing level.
Write Your Diary To Improve Your English Writing Skill
Writing a personal diary is one of the best options if you want to really improve your English writing skill.
The advantages are:
- You write an entry EVERYDAY (7 days a week without excuses).
- You can write more or less depending of your free time, inspiration or mood.
- You can write about anything you like (Daily experiences, thoughts…).
- While writing your diary your are also keeping a record of the work done.
- You can check your progression looking back at what you wrote in the past.
- If one day you don’t know what to write about, just write about what you did during the day (Because you always do something, don’t you?).
It’s easy to create the habit to write when you keep a personal diary.
Try to write at the same time everyday. For example…
- Just before going to sleep.
- Just after waking up.
- During your lunch time.
- While in the bus.
- …among many others…
What Kind Of Diary To Choose?
In my personal opinion I prefer to write through a keyboard than with a pen, and then I prefer a digital diary than a paper diary.
But it really don’t mind at all what kind of diary you are going to use.
There is beautiful paper journals for those who like to write in the old style.
Or very useful digital diaries with a lot of fancy features for those that are more on the technology side.
Just take the one that fits you best.
– Are you going to use this tactic in order to improve your writing level?
– What else do you usually do to work your writing skill?
– All your comments are very welcome !!!
Copyright © Learn English Like Me and learnenglishlikeme.com, (2012-2016).
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Learn English Like Me and learnenglishlikeme.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.